Clinics & Services
We provide a range of clinics and services via the practice (all clinics are by appointment except baby clinic):
- Asthma Clinic - special half-hour appointments with our asthma specialist nurse can be arranged to help maximise your health and minimise your symptoms.
- Antenatal Clinic - run by the Community Midwife on Thursday 13:30 - 15:30 at Guessens Road. Full maternity care is given. Ante natal appointments may also be made with any doctor during normal surgeries if preferred.
- Child Immunisations - Child immunisations from 8 weeks to 16 years. Held at Guessens Road on a Friday from 12.30 to 14:00 and Knightsfield on a Wednesday from 13:30 to 15:00. Please remember to bring your child's red book.
- Cryotherapy Clinic - cryotherapy is available at our Knightsfield Surgery. Referrals via the doctor
- Counselling - counselling and cognitive behaviour therapy may be available via a referral from the doctor, or patients can self-refer to the Single Point of Access Mental Health Services on 0300-777-0707
- Diabetic and COPD Clinic - held at Guessens Road and Knightsfield Surgeries by appointment only The clinics are on Wednesday and Thursday afternoons, with some slots available on Saturdays for patients who find it difficult to attend on weekdays. A blood test will be required two weeks prior to this appointment.
- Family Planning - our doctors provide contraceptive services; please make a normal surgery appointment. Emergency contraception (morning after pill), coil fitting and implants are also available (please note that not all GPs will give the morning after pill).
- Minor Surgery Clinic - held at Knightsfield every Monday afternoon between 14:30 – 15:30. This is by appointment only, having been referred by your doctor.
- Regular Health Checks - we would like all our patients with no known major health conditions to have a free check-up every five years. We are now also offering comprenehnsive health checks for all patients over 75 years old. Please make an appointment for these health checks with our practice nurses. Those over 75 who cannot get to the surgery may have a check-up at home.
- Travel Clinic - we are pleased to offer our registered patients a travel health service. Our nurses use up-to-date information to advise you on your health needs related to destinations around the world. They can administer most vaccinations and provide private prescriptions for treatments where needed. Held at Guessens Road on a Tuesday afternoon. Please complete forms and submit at least 4 weeks before travel.
- Well Person Check - this health promotion service is designed to give information and advice over healthier lifestyles. In addition, screening is performed to pick up the four main risk factors for heart disease: high blood pressure, diabetes, smoking and a high cholesterol level.
Routine cervical smear tests are available every 3 years for women from the age of 25. General lifestyle and health checks including self-breast examination teaching can be offered at the same time.